19 November 2010

He touched my life very quickly

Hello, My name is Luke Palmer. First, I'm sorry to hear of your loss Colleen. 

I only had the privilege of interacting with Marcus 3-4 times. The first few times were a couple years ago when he came with Annika Bishop to play volleyball with the Town Square Branch on Monday evenings. I didn't get to know him too well then, but he seemed like a nice and friendly guy. It was the next, and last interaction I had with Marcus that began to touch me. Marcus came into the Wal Mart Pharmacy where I work about 3 weeks ago. I hadn't seen him since volleyball and didn't recognize him. He was next in line and would be helped by another associate. He politely motioned to the other associate that he would wait until I was available to help him. Again, I didn't recognize him and was curious with anticipation to know how he knew me, or why he was willing, and wanted to wait for me to help him. I greeted him positively and he, with his politeness, told me who he was. He said he was Lindsey Bergevin's cousin (I was roommates with Chris at the time I met him) and that he had come with Annika to play volleyball with us. I instantly remembered him. We spoke for a few minutes about his treatments. I mentioned that my mother had experienced treatment for cancer and that she was now doing well. I mentioned this as a way to comfort and give hope. He was very very kind to me. I was impressed that he would remember me from two different associations that happened almost 2 years ago, which were brief at best. I fully expected to see him come in again, and looked forward to it. When I read on Lindsey's facebook page that he had passed, I was shocked! His spirit seemed so alive and happy 3 weeks ago. I must have minimized his physical condition seeing such high spirits and kindness from him so recently. I was, and still am somewhat confused as to why his passing touched me so much! I didn't know him well and spent only those 3-4 minutes with him personally at the pharmacy 3 weeks ago. Those moments we spent together did touch me, and I felt as if I had lost something when I learned of his passing. I have been praying for you and his family and will continue to do so. What can I do besides pray? Please let me know!

Thank you for accepting me as his friend,

Thank you for your kindness to me Marcus!!

Luke

I don't believe in coincidence or luck. I know I met Marcus when I did for a reason, had I not, I don't believe our short interaction at the pharmacy would have been so meaningful. And had that small interaction at the pharmacy not happened, his passing would not have been as significant to me. But we did meet when we did, and we did have our "moment" in the pharmacy. There is a reason for it. He touched my life very quickly.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment